Together For Sustainable Development Goals
1. No Poverty
2. Zero Hunger
3. Good Health and Well-being
4. Quality Education
5. Gender Equality
6. Clean Water and Sanitation
7. Affordable and Clean Energy
8. Decent Work and Economic Growth
9. Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
10. Reducing Inequality
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
12. Responsible Consumption and Production
13. Climate Action
14. Life Below Water
15. Life On Land
16. Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
17. Partnerships for the Goals
These SDGs are presented by the UN as the “global blueprint for dignity, peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and in the future”. Since they were first presented, a lot of progress has been achieved. However, the 2019 report shows that there are many milestones yet to be reached and they need urgent attention. It is evident that a much deeper, much ambitious and much sustainable effort is necessary.Local and national efforts need to be diligently carried out and be supported by international cooperation. The project will aim to broaden the knowledge of both teachers/trainers and students/young people about SDGs and their implementation.They will both learn about the work already carried out internationally and also develop new ways of thinking into achieving the goals. Teachers will develop and publish new ways of integrating the SDGs in their current curriculum and also develop new competencies about their assessment. Unesco’s “Education for Sustainable Development Goals: learning objectives” report will be our main resource in studying the SDGs and their integration into ESD.
Our target group will be both young people ( students in schools, youth) aged between 15-25 and educators.We will also contact local and national educational administrations and policy makers and they will represent an indirect target group. The project theme of "Together For Sustainable Development Goals" wants to bring about new skills and knowledge to support activism and practical steps towards implementation of Sustainable Development Goals ( SDGs) and also to be beneficial to the young people ( students, youth) for their future academic careers and jobs in the areas of 17 SDGs. The target group of the project will broaden their knowledge about common values and needs, their civic engagement and participation in global issues will develop while learning about the necessity of achieving the SDGs by the end of the designed period and they will become active citizens both in their local area and in the global field. The target group will become the ambassadors of sustainable development and embed this to their current and future lives. The main results expected from the project include:
• The development and delivery of a research report on SDGs and the extent to which they are implemented in each of the partnering country. - The development of a report by each school partner related to the extent to which SDGs are integrated to their curriculum and how the integration can be improved.
• Training delivered to educators from participating organizations to introduce them to concepts of Global Education and SDGs in order to gain the skills and confidence to implement SDG-related activities and programs locally.
• The development of a website resource for educators on exploring how the approaches of global education
• Young people will have completed participation in the SDGs program
- Assessments methods about the acquisition of the SDGs by the students and the institutions
- Sustainable development goal mini projects prepared by student teams of the project by using all the competencies and domains listed in the relevant section.
- Supplementary educators and young people developed outputs from the project such as reflections, training assignments, blogs, community needs assessments etc that don't form part of the main Outputs. - Informal educator to educator peer sharing around project activities
The Project includes 7 partners from 6 program countries. The constitution of the project partners is balanced as 3 schools, 3 NGOs and one educational directorate as the decision maker. During the LTT activities of the project 90 students and teachers will have the opportunity to learn from each other on an international environment and transfer the good practices. Thinking that the achievement of SDGs until the set deadline has to be a global priority for all individuals and stated, the project will enable their achievement through international cross-sectoral cooperation.
LTT in IRELAND